Hospice of the Valley is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to provide direct medical care of Hospice and Palliative Care patients by functioning as the attending physician as appropriate, and to perform face-to-face assessments for assigned patients in consultation with the Hospice Medical Director. To devise, implement, and manage a program designed to meet the needs of the community members who have a chronic disease but are not yet hospice-appropriate.
Along with compassionate and quality clinical skills, we are looking for the right personality with a passion for providing excellent customer service. You must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while still demonstrating empathy and professionalism to families needing your understanding and attention.
Hospice of the Valley is seeking to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer. This position provides overall direction for Hospice and Palliative Services by establishing, implementing, evaluating goals and objectives which meet and promote standards of quality and patient care. Directs the day-to-day business operations, and reviews financial statements, operating results, performance evaluations, and ensures quality patient care. Oversees the fiscal activities of the agency; including but not limited to, the building, budgeting, reporting, and auditing. Works with the Board President to enable the Board to fulfill its governance, functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees, and individual Board members. Collaborates with the Management Team to establish personnel policies and procedures including wages, salaries, and benefits, and assures compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. Participates in the Hospice and Palliative Services personnel recruiting, selection, training, orientation, and in-service education as appropriate. Oversees the Agency’s Leadership Team which participates in monitoring compliance with CMS (Conditions of Participation) and State and Federal governmental standards. Listens to clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvements.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related field; and
2. Have had three (3) to five (5) years of experience in direct professional and Administrative personnel administration; and
3. Have had three (3) to five (5) years of experience in and sound knowledge of Corporate business management.
4. Must successfully complete the post-job offer employment physical, and submit to periodic tuberculin skin tests or chest x-rays at Agency expense.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care or closely related field.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology.
4. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
5. Ability to speak effectively before governing and employee groups.
6. Understands hospice care and the services provided to patient/family/caregiver through an Interdisciplinary Team
240 Johnston Street, SE
PO Box 2745
Decatur, AL 35602