Social Worker - Part Time
Hospice of the Valley’s clinical department is seeking a part-time Licensed Social Worker. This position is responsible for conducting hospice admission assessments while providing support to individuals and families at end-of-life by focusing on their goals, needs, and strengths. This position is responsible for assessing the psychosocial status of the patient/family/caregiver related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment. This position will assist team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues and provide support to other social work staff as needed. Preferred work schedule is Monday-Wednesday-Friday, but this is negotiable.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a social work program that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and
- Possess and maintain Licensure to practice as a Social Worker in the State of Alabama; and
- Have had a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a healthcare setting (hospice experience preferred); and
- Possess and maintain a current CPR Certification; and
- Must have and maintain current Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance.
- Must successfully complete the post job offer physical and submit to periodic tuberculin skin tests or chest x-rays at agency expense.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Must be proficient in the use of computer programs for internal communications (email) and database tracking/reporting.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Mileage Reimbursement
- PTO/LTS & Holidays
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hospice of the Valley maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with employees and applicants. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law.