RN Case Manager
Hospice of the Valley’s Clinical Department has an opportunity for a full-time RN Case Manager. This position provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by writing and initiating Plan of Care, and regularly re-evaluating patient/family/caregiver needs, and revises the Plan of Care as necessary. This position initiates and applies appropriate preventative and therapeutic nursing procedures and techniques, and maintains communication regarding patient care with the physician and supervisory personnel. This position will complete, maintain and submit accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. This position monitors the maintenance of medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with licensing regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards, and ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory standards.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
· Must be licensed by the State Board of Nursing; and
· Must be a graduate of an accredited school of professional registered nursing, BSN preferred; and
· Have had two (2) years med-surg experience with a hospice, home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience; and
· Current CPR Certification; and
· Current Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance; and
· Must successfully complete the post-job offer physical and drug screening.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
· Hospice or home health experience preferred; and
· Experience with providing good pain management, IV skills preferred; and
· Committed to the Hospice philosophy and principles of death/dying; and
· Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and have the ability to work within an Interdisciplinary Team; and
· Occasional after hours call may be required; and
· Experienced with utilizing electronic medical records (EMR) systems to store, access, and update patients’ health records electronically.
· Competitive Salary
· 401K/401K Roth with company match
· Mileage Reimbursement
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· STD, Life Insurance and various AFLAC/Allstate policies
· PTO and LTS that begins accruing immediately
· Paid Holidays
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible Benefits Plan (Section 125 Plan)
· Direct Deposit
· Free Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hospice of the Valley maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with employees and applicants. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
240 Johnston Street, SE
PO Box 2745
Decatur, AL 35602